Sensitive Mommy: March 2015
Appetizers are by far my favorite meals, yes we sometimes just eat appetizers as meals. _Carrot Patch Hummus_ is no exception, it is good on Easter or any other day! This layered hummus dip has tremendous layers of flavor that come together in blissful harmony.
What other gluten free foods are we eating on Easter Sunday?
EASTER DAY MEALS
- Breakfast: DIY Omelets and Bunny-cakes
- Appetizer/Snack: Carrot Patch Hummus)
- Main Course: Simple Savory Pot Roast with Root Vegetables
- Side Dishes: Crunchy Southern Squash Casserole (DF) & Fresh Green Beans
- Dessert: Bunny Poop Meringues & Blood Orange Blackberry
Time: 5 minutes Servings: 4-6
- 1 cup Hummus
- 1⁄2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup Shredded Carrot
- 1⁄3 cup smashed Pretzels (gluten free)
In a small bowl mix together hummus, garlic, and lime juice. Spread into a glass bowl.
Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top of the hummus.
Next, layer on the shredded carrots. Gently push down.
Last, sprinkle on the smashed pretzels. Smashing is a great job for little sous chefs.
Enjoy your Carrot Patch Hummus!
Here is a bowl like mine:
This recipe is GF, DF, EF but most of the pretzels on the market contain soy and/or soy derivatives.
Thanks for stopping by! What would YOU layer in your hummus layered dip? Kale, Spinach, radishes…
❤️️ Sensitive Mommy