Sensitive Mommy: Paleo Cake
I wanted to try my hand at paleo baking for my birthday cake with this Maple Almond Paleo Cake. It turned out great. This cake is light and full of flavor. Best part is it is gluten free, dairy free, soy free and grain free!
I really enjoyed making this paleo cake, and it was super delicious. Maybe I am not a bad baker after all, it was just natures way of telling my to go paleo!
The flavor is almondy with a hint of maple and spice from the cardamom. It goes great with berries, chocolate, whipped cream and ice cream. See our ideas below.
Maple Almond Paleo Cake
Time: 25 min. preparation, 35-40 min. baking.
- 4 eggs, separated into 4 egg yolks and 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cup finely ground almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon white or cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 9 inch round cake panand the sides with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat together with a wooden spoon the egg yolks, almond butter, and maple syrup until smooth and creamy.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the almond flour, ground cardamom, and baking powder. Combine the flour mixture to the egg yolk mixture and beat until smooth. 4. With an electric mixer and whisk attachment, beat the egg whites, starting on low speed and gradually increasing the speed. When bubbles start to form, add a pinch of salt and the teaspoon of vinegar. Beat until soft peaks form.
5. Fold the beaten egg whites into the almond mixture a large scoopof egg whites at a time.
6. Scoop the batter into a the pan and place in the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Slice and top with your favorite toppings. See below for our ideas.
Inspired by Flourless Lemon Almond Cake, read here
Here are our Maple Almond Paleo Cake toppings:
Maple Almond Paleo Cake will be made again soon, yum!
Captain wants a chocolate cake for his birthday!
Enter to win a SMGF box deliver to your door.
Sensitive Mommy’s Birthday Giveaway!ends June 23, 2015
—Need more Gluten-Free-Ness—
Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Lists of Products
Gluten Free Product Reviews