Sensitive Mommy: Paleo Pizza Casserole
Pizza! I have an undying, unwavering, unflappable love for pizza.
During my first round of Whole30 in June, I wasn’t sure how I could go without pizza for 30 days. The intent of Whole30 is to break your irrational connections to food. Fortunately for youWhole30 could not break my pizza addiction, so I had to come up with a Whole30 compliant way of enjoying pizza-y flavor and texture with out enjoying the gluten-filled, grain or pseudo grain pizza crust. Enter Paleo Pizza Casserole.
Paleo Pizza Casserole has all the Italian flavors or pizza and the creaminess of the cheese, while being gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and soy free. How? Spaghetti squash and Teta Foods Garlic Spread (sub paleo mayo if you need to).
To make _Paleo Pizza Casserole_ Whole30 compliant you’ll also need to use compliant ingredients. For pepperoni I used Applegate turkey pepperoni. And for spaghetti or pizza sauce you’ll have to make sure there is no added sugar or food starches added.
Will the kids eat Paleo Pizza Casserole? Yes! And they will ask you to make it agian.
Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
- 1 medium-sized Spaghetti Squash
- 1⁄3 cup Teta Foods Gatlic Spread or 1⁄3 cup Mayo +1/2tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning, I added crushed red pepper to my serving.
- Favorite Pizza Toppings: pepperoni, olives, red onion…
- Slice your squash in half and scrape out seeds.
- Coat in butter or ghee. Place face down in microwave safe dish. Cover with lid.
- Microwave 10-12 minutes.
- While squash is cooking prepare and/chop toppings.
- Let squash rest for 7-10 minutes. Then remove spaghetti squash, placing “noodles” in dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and topping, stirring with fork.
- Microwave 5 minutes.
Paleo Pizza Casserole keeps well covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. I ❤️️ leftovers!
What topping will you put on your Paleo Pizza Casserole?
—Need more Gluten-Free-Ness—
Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Lists of Products
Gluten Free Product Reviews
Do you want to see your product featured on Sensitive Mommy?
Comment below or click the link to email me —>