Sensitive Mommy: September 2015
Hey All! Sorry if you’ve been missing my gluten free awesomeness. I’ve been very busy, big things are in the works for the Sensitive Family, along with the daily grind of raising a 4 year old with celiac disease and toddler with FPIES. I can’t wait to show you how I made 2_ gluten free_ teriyaki dishes!
Here are a few updates:
- Captian is in preschool! It’s going well. He is suck a good sport about having different food. We’ve had 2 bouts of possible glutenings. It’s hard to tell what caused it. I know Gluten Free Cheerios were not a winner for Captain. I’ll tell you more later…
- Baby Bee is so adorable! He is a joy. Here is a photo in his newest Wild & Southern shirt.
Bee has only passed turkey :(. We love him having a meat, but wish he could eat more. #FPIESsucks
Captain is kicking but learning mad ninja skills. I love the karate school we found.
Mr. Sensitive is working less hours as the summer winds down.
Lastly, Sensitive Mommy is back to teaching for the school year. I love my job, but miss my kiddos.
Enough of the updates, let’s get cooking…
I love Asian inspired dishes, but many use Teriyaki and/or soy sauce, which usually contains gluten. I need gluten free teriyaki! At the GFAF Expo in Chicago we met Sunny’s Korean. We’d “met” on Instagram, but after chatting with Sunny’s gorgeous daughters and Sunny I was inspired to get cooking with their gluten free Teriyaki. It was so easy to use, and way less salty than other Asian sauces I’ve tried before. All in all I give Sunny’s Teriyaki ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5⁄5 stars !! I was able to make 2 gluten free dishes and we still have more left. I know you will love Garlic Korean Steak Teriyaki Skewers & Korean Steak Teriyaki Bowls.
Here is the 1st _gluten free_ recipes to try:
Garlic Korean Steak Teriyaki Skewers
Time: 2 hours (marinade), 15 minutes cooking Servings: 4-6
- 1 pound beef stew meat, round steak, or skirt steak
- 1 cup Sunny’s Teriyaki
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 black pepper
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Vegetables of your choice. I used 1 yellow pepper, 1 zucchini, and 1 small yellow onion.
- Bamboo Skewers
Tenderize the meat with meat tenderizer. I hammered mine for a few minutes in a closed bag. Cut in to 1-2 inch cubes or pieces.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Marinate steak in marinade in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
Slide the beef on skewers.
Assemble veggie skewers, if desired.
Grill gluten free skewers on barbecue or grill pan. Until steak in cook through.
Thank for visiting today! Tomorrow I will share gluten free Korean Steak Teriyaki Bowls.